An Idahoan® take on a Southwestern favorite — Southwest Tortilla Soup with rotisserie chicken and a package of Idahoan® Bacon & Cheddar Chipotle Flavored Mashed Potatoes.
- 1 - 4 oz package Idahoan® Bacon & Cheddar Chipotle Flavored Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups shredded chicken meat (we like rotisserie chicken)
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 can mild chilies, chopped
- 1 - 32 oz package low sodium chicken broth*
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes with Mexican spices
- Tortilla chips*
- Garnish with chopped avocado, sliced black olives, shredded cheese, chopped green onions, tortilla chips, sour cream and cilantro.
- Sweat onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Add chicken, corn, beans and chilies and heat thoroughly.
- Add chicken broth, Idahoan® Bacon & Cheddar Chipotle Flavored Mashed Potatoes and tomatoes. Simmer for 45 minutes and adjust seasoning (we like it a little bit spicy so we add some hot sauce at this point).
- Here's the important part when serving: Crunch up tortilla chips on bottom of the bowl and ladle soup over. Top with diced avocado, sliced olives, shredded cheese, green onions, a dollop of sour cream and cilantro.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!