Don’t let the trick name fool you. Aloo Gulab Jamun are tasty little balls made from mashed potatoes then drizzled with a special syrup for a sweet and savory treat.
- 1 - 4 oz package Idahoan® Buttery Homestyle® Flavored Mashed Potatoes, dry
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup water, room temperature
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5-6 cardamom, whole pods
- Combine all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the eggs and water slowly. Mix well to combine until a uniform dough is formed. Roll the dough into 1” round balls and fry at 350°F until golden brown.
- Place in a high-walled baking dish and soak in the cardamom simple syrup.
- Soak the gulab jamun for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight, in the refrigerator.
- Serve cold.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!