Who says you need rice for an Asian-inspired dish? This Asian Mashed Potato Bowl recipe is full of colorful veggies and comes together in a snap with the use of prepared teriyaki sauce and Idahoan Mashed Potatoes. Grab pre-sliced vegetables in the produce section to cut the prep time down even more. We use Buttery Homestyle below but feel free to experiment with other flavors, like Roasted Garlic, too!
- 1 jar prepared teriyaki sauce or make your own with our recipe here
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut lengthwise into strips
- 12 ounces broccoli florets, cut to be all about the same size
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- 4 oz package Idahoan Buttery Homestyle Mashed Potatoes or any other flavor favorite, prepared to package directions
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Combine ½ cup teriyaki sauce and chicken in a large, resealable plastic bag. Marinate at least 30 minutes, refrigerated, turning the bag occasionally.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade (discarding unused marinade) and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, broccoli florets and snap peas. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 7-8 minutes.
- Divide prepared mashed potatoes between 4 bowls. Top with vegetables and chicken. Drizzle with more teriyaki sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!