Who says you need rice for an Asian-inspired dish? This Asian Mashed Potato Bowl recipe is full of colorful veggies and comes together in a snap with the use of prepared teriyaki sauce and Idahoan® Buttery Homestyle®. Grab pre-sliced vegetables in the produce section to cut the prep time down even more. We use Buttery Homestyle® below but feel free to experiment with other flavors, like Roasted Garlic, too!
Asian Mashed Potato Bowl
- 1 jar prepared teriyaki sauce or make your own with our recipe here
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into strips
- 12 ounces broccoli florets, cut to be all about the same size
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- 4-oz package Idahoan® Buttery Homestyle® Mashed Potatoes, prepared to package directions
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Combine ½ cup teriyaki sauce and chicken in a large, resealable plastic bag. Marinate at least 30 minutes, refrigerated, turning the bag occasionally.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade (discarding unused marinade) and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, broccoli florets and snap peas. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 7-8 minutes.
- Divide prepared mashed potatoes between 4 bowls. Top with vegetables and chicken. Drizzle with more teriyaki sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions