What’s not to love about quesadillas with their toasty tortillas and gooey cheese? Add more substance, not to mention some ka pow, by layering in Idahoan Bacon & Cheddar Chipotle Flavored Mashed Potatoes to elevate this favorite from appetizer to main dish in no time.
- 1 4-oz package Idahoan Bacon & Cheddar Chipotle Mashed Potatoes
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and sliced
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 3 tsp oil, divided
- Prepare Idahoan Bacon & Cheddar Chipotle Mashed Potatoes according to package instructions. Keep warm.
- Sauté jalapeño slices in 1 teaspoon of oil in a skillet on medium high heat until softened.
- On a flat griddle, over medium heat, add 1 teaspoon oil and cook tortillas on both sides until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle two of the tortillas with ½ cup cheese each.
- Top with prepared Idahoan Bacon & Cheddar Chipotle Mashed.
- Sprinkle jalapeños on potatoes and top with the remaining flour tortilla.
- Place finished quesadillas on griddle to warm through and melt the cheese. Slice into quarters and serve.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!