This dish is showy enough for company but fast enough to put together for a weeknight. The goat cheese adds a wonderful creaminess and the peas a fresh burst of flavor.
- 1 - 4 oz package Idahoan® Baby Reds® Flavored Mashed Potatoes
- 4 oz chevre cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 cup baby peas, thawed and warmed
- Mint leaves for garnish
- 1 pork tenderloin (not pre marinated), about 1 lb
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Prepare pork tenderloin first (recipe below).
- While pork is resting, prepare Idahoan® Baby Reds® Flavored Mashed Potatoes following package instructions.
- Blend in chevre cheese while potatoes are still warm.
- Stir in mint and peas. Garnish with a few baby mint leaves
- Serving suggestion: Instead of blending peas into the mashed, serve peas on the side or add on top as a garnish.
- Mix together the garlic powder, chili powder, Italian seasonings, pepper and salt. Rub the seasonings all over the tenderloin. Or, season to taste with another flavoring of your choice. Heat a gas grill, turning all the burners to high until the grill is fully heated, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Put the pork on the hot grill grate. Close the lid and grill for 7 minutes. Turn the pork over, close the lid, and grill for another 6 minutes.
- Turn off the heat (keep the lid closed) and continue to cook the pork for another 5 minutes. At this point, an instant-read thermometer inserted into the middle of the thickest end of the tenderloin should read 145° to 150°F. (If not, close the lid and let the pork continue to roast in the residual grill heat.)
- Remove the pork from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes before carving. Cut across the grain into ½-inch slices and serve immediately.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place prepared roast in a foil lined shallow baking dish. Cook for 30 minutes, then test with an instant read thermometer to reach 145 to 150°F.
- When pork is done, wrap in foil and let rest 10 minutes.
- Cut across the grain into ½-inch slices, place three pieces on skewer and serve on top of the Idahoan® Chevre Mashed Potatoes with Peas. Use drippings from the roast to drizzle on the roast when serving.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!