Ready in 45 minutes
Complexity: Slight Challenge
Serves 6 People
This dish is showy enough for company but fast enough to put together for a weeknight. The goat cheese adds a wonderful creaminess and the peas a fresh burst of flavor.
Chevre Mashed Potatoes with Peas and Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- 1 4-oz package Idahoan® Baby Reds® Flavored Mashed Potatoes
- 4 oz chevre cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 cup baby peas, thawed and warmed
- Mint leaves for garnish
For the pork tenderloin:
- 1 pork tenderloin (not pre marinated), about 1 lb
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Prepare pork tenderloin first (recipe below).
- While pork is resting, prepare Idahoan® Baby Reds® Flavored Mashed Potatoes following package instructions.
- Blend in chevre cheese while potatoes are still warm.
- Stir in mint and peas. Garnish with a few baby mint leaves
- Serving suggestion: Instead of blending peas into the mashed, serve peas on the side or add on top as a garnish.
For the pork tenderloin:
- Mix together the garlic powder, chili powder, Italian seasonings, pepper and salt. Rub the seasonings all over the tenderloin. Or, season to taste with another flavoring of your choice. Heat a gas grill, turning all the burners to high until the grill is fully heated, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Put the pork on the hot grill grate. Close the lid and grill for 7 minutes. Turn the pork over, close the lid, and grill for another 6 minutes.
- Turn off the heat (keep the lid closed) and continue to cook the pork for another 5 minutes. At this point, an instant-read thermometer inserted into the middle of the thickest end of the tenderloin should read 145° to 150°F. (If not, close the lid and let the pork continue to roast in the residual grill heat.)
- Remove the pork from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes before carving. Cut across the grain into ½-inch slices and serve immediately.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place prepared roast in a foil lined shallow baking dish. Cook for 30 minutes, then test with an instant read thermometer to reach 145 to 150°F.
- When pork is done, wrap in foil and let rest 10 minutes.
- Cut across the grain into ½-inch slices, place three pieces on skewer and serve on top of the Idahoan Chevre Mashed Potatoes with Peas. Use drippings from the roast to drizzle on the roast when serving.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!