Ready in 40 minutes
Complexity: Easy Peasy
Serves 2 People
Grilled Ginger Salmon and Summer Vegetables with Idahoan Buttery & Herb Mashed Potatoes
Author: Summer veggies adapted from ThisHealthyTable.com
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 2 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds salmon fillets
- lemon pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- salt to taste
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Idahoan Butter & Herb Mashed Potatoes, prepared to package instructions
- 1 zucchini, sliced into ½ inch rounds
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into ½ inch rounds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- optional - 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved. Place fish in a large resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and discard marinade.
- Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Bring it together:
- Plate the salmon, veggies and potatoes. Enjoy!
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!