Mashed Potato Stuffers are maybe one of the most fun ways to use up holiday leftovers. We’ve given you a base recipe here with some other stir-in ideas, but this is your chance to get creative and really shine. You’ll never look at holiday leftovers the same!
- 2 cups Idahoan mashed potatoes, leftovers or made fresh
- 1 cup leftover stuffing
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 4-oz package Idahoan mashed potatoes (dry) for coating
- Cooking spray
- Preheat a non stick skillet on medium high heat.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the Idahoan mashed potatoes, stuffing and cheese until well incorporated. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Using an ice cream scoop or your hands, scoop or roll mashed potato mixture into golf ball size rounds.
- Place beaten egg in one bowl and the dry Idahoan mashed potatoes in another. Roll each ball in the beaten egg, and then roll in the dry Idahoan mashed potatoes to coat thoroughly.
- Spray the preheated skillet with pan release and add potato balls. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Lightly brown each potato ball on all sides, turning frequently until golden and warmed through. Serve with warmed leftover gravy and cranberry sauce for dipping.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place Idahoan Mashed Potato Stuffers in an oven proof dish lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Chopped cranberries
- Diced turkey
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!