Mashed Potato Stuffers are maybe one of the most fun ways to use up holiday leftovers. We’ve given you a base recipe here with some other stir-in ideas, but this is your chance to get creative and really shine. You’ll never look at holiday leftovers the same!
Mashed Potato Stuffers
- 2 cups Idahoan® mashed potatoes, leftovers or made fresh
- 1 cup leftover stuffing
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 - 4 oz package Idahoan® Mashed Potatoes (dry) for coating
- Cooking spray
- Preheat a non stick skillet on medium high heat.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the Idahoan® Mashed Potatoes, stuffing and cheese until well incorporated. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Using an ice cream scoop or your hands, scoop or roll mashed potato mixture into golf ball size rounds.
- Place beaten egg in one bowl and the dry Idahoan® Mashed Potatoes in another. Roll each ball in the beaten egg, and then roll in the dry Idahoan mashed potatoes to coat thoroughly.
- Spray the preheated skillet with pan release and add potato balls. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Lightly brown each potato ball on all sides, turning frequently until golden and warmed through. Serve with warmed leftover gravy and cranberry sauce for dipping.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place Idahoan® Mashed Potato Stuffers in an oven proof dish lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Additional stir-ins ideas:
- Chopped cranberries
- Diced turkey