Ready in 1 hour 30 minutes
Complexity: Easy Peasy
Serves 8 People
Nothing is more American than meat & potatoes but that doesn’t mean it can’t have a Mexican twist on it!
South of the Border Mashed Potatoes Meatloaf
Nothing is more American than meat & potatoes but that doesn't mean it can't have a Mexican twist on it!
- 1 4-oz package Idahoan® Bacon & Cheddar Chipotle Flavored Mashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ¾ cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup canned corn, drained
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup thick & chunky salsa
- Avocados, sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare mashed potatoes following package directions. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients from beef through black pepper. Mix thoroughly but lightly.
- Shape mixture into a 10x4" loaf. Place on rack coated with cooking spray on broiler pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until internal temperature is 160°F.
- Let stand 5 minutes then "frost" with the mashed potatoes. Top with salsa and sliced avocados.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!