We’re taking the traditional and turning it on its ear with this upside down shepherds pie! This dish has it all – meat, veggies and potatoes, of course. It’s a complete meal that is hearty and sure to please. Go ahead and take all the credit. They don’t need to know how easy it was to make.
Upside Down Shepherds Pie
- 1 4-oz package Idahoan® Golden Selects® Mashed Potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- ¾ cup beef broth
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- Season meat with salt and pepper. In a medium skillet over medium high heat, crumble and brown ground beef.
- In a second small skillet, over medium heat, cook butter and flour together 2 minutes. Whisk in beef broth and Worcestershire sauce until thickened. Add gravy to beef.
- While beef is cooking, microwave or steam the vegetables until tender. Season to taste.
- Prepare Idahoan® Golden Selects® according to package instructions.
- Divide potatoes between four plates. Top with beef and gravy mixture.
- Top each serving with vegetables.