We’re taking the traditional and turning it on its ear with this upside down shepherds pie! This dish has it all – meat, veggies and potatoes, of course. It’s a complete meal that is hearty and sure to please. Go ahead and take all the credit. They don’t need to know how easy it was to make.
- 1 4-oz package Idahoan Golden Selects® Mashed Potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- ¾ cup beef broth
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- Season meat with salt and pepper. In a medium skillet over medium high heat, crumble and brown ground beef.
- In a second small skillet, over medium heat, cook butter and flour together 2 minutes. Whisk in beef broth and Worcestershire sauce until thickened. Add gravy to beef.
- While beef is cooking, microwave or steam the vegetables until tender. Season to taste.
- Prepare Idahoan Golden Selects according to package instructions.
- Divide potatoes between four plates. Top with beef and gravy mixture.
- Top each serving with vegetables.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!