Ready in 15 minutes
Complexity: Easy Peasy
Serves 4 People
This Clam and Corn Chowder recipe that is thickened with mashed potatoes is sure to fill and take off the chill.
Clam and Corn Chowder
Author: GayeLynn L, Idahoan employee
- 1 - 4 oz package Idahoan® Baby Red® Mashed Potatoes or Baby Reds® with Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Flavored Mashed Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- Liquid from 2 6.5 oz cans minced clams, reserving clams
- 1 can (14.75 oz) cream corn
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add vegetables and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add clam liquid, cream corn and one can water (using the cream corn can).
- Add the milk, stirring together and bringing to a partial boil.
- Add mashed potatoes and turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the clams just before serving to warm through.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!