Add some crusty French bread to this Mashed Potato Fennel Soup and you have a easy, filling and delicious meal in no time.
- 1 - 4 oz package of Idahoan® Buttery Homestyle® Flavored Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large bulb fennel, trimmed and sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- ¼ cup of milk as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter and olive oil together in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add sliced fennel, onions and carrots and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of the stock. Cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes or until fennel is soft and translucent and carrots are tender.
- Add remaining stock to the pot and heat to almost boiling.
- Stir in Idahoan® Buttery Homestyle® Flavored Mashed Potatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- If soup is too thick, add milk until desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!