Talk about comfort food! Our take on this classic Shepherds Pie recipe will have your friends and family asking for seconds! Enjoy the recipes you love with an added helping of convenience!
Author: Jackie Shapiro Brooker
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp Ground Thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup peas
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- Idahoan Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes 8oz pouch
- Cheddar Cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat with oil, onion, garlic, and thyme and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add in ground beef, salt, and pepper and sautée until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in corn, peas, cornstarch, and beef broth, stir well then let simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Prepare the Idahoan Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes according to the package instructions.
- Top beef mixture with an even layer of Idahoan Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes and cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Serve and enjoy!